Road cyclists all over the world have appreciated the Ksyrium UST rear wheel by the French wheel specialist Mavic for years, thanks to its well-balanced riding characteristics and fair price. Even lighter and smoother riding, the almost legendary system wheel takes the next step of evolution and thus represents a smart performance upgrade for many high-end road bikes.The welded rim made of high-quality Maxtal aluminium comes with a disc brake specific profile and offers all advantages of tubeless systems, including reduced rolling resistance, smoother rolling and increased puncture resistance. With an inner width of 19 mm, the rim is designed for extra comfort with 28 mm tires – perfect for any type of road, with high efficiency, outstanding comfort and maximum control. The ISM 4D technology reduces weight for fast climbing and instant acceleration. High lateral stiffness additionally gives the Ksyrium UST rear wheel precise handling.
• Maxtal aluminium rim
• SUP welded rim seam
• UST Road Tubeless Technology
• ISM-4D technology
• For rim brakes
• Width: approx. 23 mm/depth: approx. 25 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• For Presta valves
• Spokes: aero steel spokes, double butted
• Number of spokes: 20 pcs
• Lacing: 2-cross on the right, radial on the left side
• Nipples: ABS steel, self-locking
• Aluminium hub body, steel axle
• High-strength FTS-L steel freehub system
• Compatible with 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano HG/SRAM
• Bearings: sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
• Axle: 130 mm (quick release)
• Weight: approx. 895 g (without tyres)
• Recommended tire width: 25 – 32 mm
• Recommended max. system weight: 120 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ASTM category 1: For use on paved roads only
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire bead. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Inner Rim Width||17mm|
|Hub||Aluminum, sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)|
|Spokes||Steel, straight pull, flat, double-butted|
|Nipples||Fore integrated aluminum|
|Extras||Tire sealant syringe, multifunction adjustment wrench, BR301 quick releases, UST valve and accessories, user guide|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Shimano/SRAM / Black / 700c||889645679464||LR2372100||MAV32517069R|